The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches. Matthew 13:31-32
This Christmas season as we reflect on Jesus, the ultimate gift given to us, we have an opportunity to display His glorious grace through our cheerful giving. Last December, a generous group of donors planted a seed by offering a $6,000 matching gift challenge to Central Christian families and friends. Just like Matthew 13, the seed grew as supporters of Central Christian responded with $37,500 in gifts, totaling over $43,500 for the Merry Match Challenge.
The 2016 Merry Match assisted in funding elementary reading curriculum materials, novel sets for secondary English, replacement batteries for school laptops, playground equipment (balls, jump ropes, hula hoops, etc.) for recess and P.E. classes, and needs-based tuition grants.
Because of the incredible outpouring last Christmas, a seed of donors have offered a $5,000 Merry Match Challenge for 2017. Throughout December you have an opportunity to make an even greater impact in the lives of Central Christian students through your giving.
Here are the details:
- Every household that gives to Central Christian during the month of December is eligible for one match.
- If your gift is between $25 – $49 it will be matched so that the gift becomes $100. This means your $25 gift will receive a $75 match.
- Your gift over $50 will be matched dollar for dollar, i.e. a $500 gift becomes $1000!
- Family and friends are encouraged to participate, and are welcome to share the Merry Match opportunity with others.
Why give? We know 285 reasons why, as we greet them at the door every single morning.
The 2017 Merry Match will assist in funding:
- Classroom set of laptops
- 3 mobile computer charging carts
- Yearbook camera
- Epson Eco Tank printers
- Expansion of the Early Childhood Playground
- Needs-based tuition grants
The Merry Match also makes a wonderful Christmas gift. Upon giving your gift, indicate in the comment section that your donation is In Honor of/In Memory of (person’s name).
It’s easy to give a gift using the Donate button on this page.
Through the parable of the mustard seed in Matthew 13, Jesus taught that the Kingdom has small beginnings but will grow and produce a great harvest. We invite you to sow into the ministry of Central Christian School this Christmas season, joining with us to increase the Kingdom impact in the lives of Central Christian students.
May you be overwhelmed with joy as you celebrate the gift of Jesus this Christmas season.